HEALTH SYSTEMS THROUGH CONFLICT AND RECOVERY (Intensive Course) – 2016
Location: Pisa, Italy
The volatility and complexity of conflict and post-conflict scenarios pose unprecedented challenges to health workers – both national and international – who are called to rehabilitate the physical and human health infrastructures. Lack of properly prepared professionals in this field has often resulted in reconstruction efforts characterized by weak analysis, little understanding, inadequate planning and poor implementation.
This Training Course intends to fill this gap as it aims to:
- Introduce participants to the main features of conflict-ridden environments;
- Identify and discuss the main features of health systems during protracted crises and recovery processes, and the most common distortions plaguing healthcare provision.
- Analyse and reflect upon the challenges faced by health actors in countries affected or recovering from a conflict;
- Introduce participants to recovery processes, to the dangers they pose and to the opportunities they provide for correcting long-standing distortions and creating more efficient and fair health systems;
- Familiarize participants with the existing literature in this field and stimulate their interest in conducting further research.
For further info on aims, contents, and methodologies please check the Course brochure.
Dates: 4 – 15 April 2016
Application deadline: 21 March 2016
How to apply:
Applicants shall submit their application on-line at www.sssup.it/HSCR2016/domande/
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Accepted applicants will be informed within two weeks from the moment of the submission of their application. Unless all places are taken earlier, the final deadline for application is the 21st of March 2016. The online application requires a registration and login procedure (including the creation of a “User ID” and of a “Password”).
After completing the on-line application form, applicants must attach their CV in .pdf or word format and a scanned copy of their passport.
You will find additional information about the Selection Process in the Call for Applications that we suggest you to read carefully.
- 1.500,00 (one thousand five hundred) Euro for participants sponsored by any organization or their employer.
- 1.200,00 (one thousand two hundred) Euro for self-sponsored participants.
Working language: English
Number of Participants: max 30
telephone number: +39 050 882.655
fax: +39 050 88.26.65