HEALTH SYSTEMS THROUGH CONFLICT AND RECOVERY (Intensive Course)
Location: Pisa, Italy
The volatility and complexity of conflict and post-conflict scenarios pose unprecedented challenges to health workers – both national and international – who are called to rehabilitate the physical and human health infrastructures. Lack of properly prepared professionals in this field has often resulted in reconstruction efforts characterized by weak analysis, little understanding, inadequate planning and poor implementation.
This Training Course intends to fill this gap as it aims to:
- Introduce participants to the main features of conflict-ridden environments;
- Identify and discuss the main features of health systems during protracted crises and recovery processes, and the most common distortions plaguing healthcare provision.
- Analyse and reflect upon the challenges faced by health actors in countries affected or recovering from a conflict;
- Introduce participants to recovery processes, to the dangers they pose and to the opportunities they provide for correcting long-standing distortions and creating more efficient and fair health systems;
- Familiarize participants with the existing literature in this field and stimulate their interest in conducting further research.
For further info on aims, contents, and methodologies please check the Course brochure.
The organizers greatfully acknowledge the support of the Fondazione Banca Nazionale delle Comunicazioni.
Dates: 8 – 19 April 2013
- First Round – 18 December 2012, 12.00 CET
- Second Round – 26 February 2013, 12.00 CET
NB: Applicants not having EU citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply for the First Round, in order to have enough time to obtain their visa.
- 1.500,00 (one thousand five hundred) Euro for participants sponsored by any organization or their employer.
- 1.200,00 (one thousand two hundred) Euro for self-sponsored participants.
Working language: English
Number of Participants: 30
List of successful applicants:
- First Round – LIST OF ADMITTED APPLICANTS. FIRST ROUND OF SELECTION
- Second Round – LIST OF ADMITTED APPLICANTS. SECOND ROUND OF SELECTION
For more information, please check out the course brochure and/or this Prezi presentation.
(the online application system works best with Mozilla Firefox browser)
Dott. Matteo Bartolini
telephone number: +39 050 88.26.65
fax: +39 050 88.26.65